Thursday, September 1, 2011

Playmates-

I love play dates!!!  I live for play dates.  But due to many doggie parents not knowing how to read doggie body language or how to be familiar with doggie play styles, playing at a dog park isn't exactly the best option for me.  Too often the attitude of dog owners at dog parks is to let the dogs "figure it out among themselves" instead watching what's happening and intervening when needed.  Ya see, my bully face could be the first one blamed should anything negative happen at the park; even if I'm not involved.  Mainly this is because the public fears dogs that look like me, believing what the media tells them instead of taking the time to learn on their own.

How do I get to play with other dogs you might ask?  Through well matched playmates who are owned by responsible humans of course.  Each dog's temperament and play style is considered; as well as any behaviors they are working on.  If a match doesn't work, we don't force it.  Instead we go for a walk as a pack and socialize that way, thus being able to still have a positive association.  Also each of Momma's friends are very familiar with dog behavior and help watch to make sure no one gets too excited, snarky, nervous, or aroused.  When each dog's human is involved in managing energy levels with the well matched dogs, the play date continues to be a positive experience for all.  I prefer chase me games and wrestling games.  Now you know why momma and my doggie friend's parents watch us while we play.  It's this pibble play style that can get any dog super excited when playing.  So time outs and breaks are also key to aiding in a successful play date.     

Here is my friend Abbey and me playing together earlier this summer.


And here are some photos of me playing with my best girlfriend ever Lola.

 We love wrestling on the big pillow beds!!!


 Here's me going in for a quick smooch!


 And Lola likes to whisper sweet nothings into my ear.


And I'm crazy about her.  I follow her every where!!!

Cheers!!! 

2 comments:

  1. You two love birds are so adorable! I might be a just a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola and Roadie sitting by a tree,
    k.i.s.s.i.n.g.....

    Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete