Sunday, November 6, 2011

Playgroup and Boarding-

Hello everybody!


Apologies for being away for so long.  Here's what has been going on.  Mom and Dad have been slammed with their jobs, having to go to places like Phoenix and working on something called F12.  One of the largest shows that they do sent them far, far away to a place called Sunriver, Oregon for a really long time.  Okay well not a really long time but 15 days on the doggie clock is like "Forever!!!" 


So when Mom and Dad get really busy, I get to hang out at one of my favorite places, Pooch Hotel!!!  I get to play with all kinds of dogs there, hang out with the staff and sleep in my own kennel space with my buddies in the same room.  Mom and Dad can check in via a web cam to make sure I'm playing well with others.  And then at the end of my long stays, they send my parents a report card.




I did well, but had a few time outs because I get too excited.  Mom had given them a heads up that I sometimes need those time outs to calm myself down.  And the staff at Pooch is awesome!!!  They are very in tune with the playgroups and keep all us dogs at a good level of stimulation for play.  


Mom and Dad are still trying to find the right formula for feedings while I board because I play so much that I tend to lose weight.  This last time I was being fed 2.5 times a day and I still lost pounds.  And as my girl Lola can testify I do not have much that I can lose. 


Playgroups and boarding have played such a large part of my development into a well balanced pooch.  I learn how to play nicely and when there are mentor dogs in the group, my poor behavior gets gently corrected.  I learn what is okay in the dog world regarding manners and styles of play.  


Needless to say, as much as I enjoy my time at Pooch Hotel, it's way better being at home with the pack.  I'm tired so off i go back to a nap.  Till next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment